All-American Chocolate Chunk Cookies

These irresistible cookies are so easy to make! I love the intense chocolate flavor combined with the peanut butter...and to top it all off add big toasted peanut chunks to the batter.
It's a delightful afternoon snack. Perfect for a rainy, cold, gloomy day accompanied by a warm cup of milk. This will surely help you beat the winter blues! ;-)
This recipe is from one of my all time favorite cookbooks 101 Cakes and Bakes by BBC GoodFood, it's a very handy one and all the recipes I tried  from it are really delicious.

Receta en español aquí!

All-American Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Ingredients
(makes 12 big cookies)
300g dark chocolate (55% cocoa).
100g milk chocolate.
100g muscovado sugar.
100g butter (at room temperature).
100g peanut butter.
1 medium egg.
1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
100g self-raising flour.
100g salted roasted peanuts.

Directions
Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
In a small saucepan , using the double-saucepan method, melt 100g of the dark chocolate and stir well.
Add in sugar, butter, peanut butter, egg and vanilla; beat with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
Stir in the flour, all the milk chocolate chunks, the nuts (no need to chop) and the remaining dark chocolate chunks. The mixture will feel quite soft, and drop easily from the spoon if you shake it.
Drop big spoonfuls in 12 piles on to 2 or 3 baking sheets, leaving room for them to spread (you may need to bake in batches). Stick some chocolate chips into the cookies.
Bake for 20-24 minutes until they are tinged very slightly darker around the edges. The smell will let you know they are ready. They will be soft in the middle, but will crisp up as they cool. (Cook for longer and you'll have crisper cookies.) Let them cool and firm up for a few minutes on the baking sheet (they'll break if you move them while still hot), then lift off with a wide spatula on to a cooling rack. They will keep crisp in an airtight tin for 3-4 days.
 

 
 
 
 

 

Comments

  1. Wow delicious! I love chocolate cookies! gnam gnam ;-)) smak Ele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ele! :-) I love chocolate cookies too! This recipe it's an old one but I'm missing making cookies, they taste so good fresh out of the oven...I might make a few batches this week, hehe.
      xoxox

      Delete
  2. aiiiiiiiiii gemma!! me matas!! que ricas por favorrrrrrrrrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeje, muchas gracias Marta! :-)
      Un abrazo!!!

      Delete
  3. q buena pinta tienen, ricas ricas :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya te lo dije en face!!!! impresionantes! Me la llevo!!! Bss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Silvia!!! :-) Pruébalas a ver si a los tuyos les gustan! Un abrazo!

      Delete
  5. These look absolutly delicious!! I want some!!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your comment Tallia and welcome to my blog! :-) I'm always ready to bake a batch of cookies so come over, you're invited to a cup of warm milk and cookies, hehe.

      Delete
  6. Qué rico! Muy buena receta y tiene una pinta estupenda!
    un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias chicas! Son fáciles de hacer y están muy sabrosas. Probarlas y ya me diréis si os gusta la receta! =)
      Un abrazo!

      Delete
  7. Oh my word! These cookies look so good! Just discovered your blog and the photos are just lovely!
    xo
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your comment Ashley and welcome to my blog! So glad you discovered my bakery blog! :-)
      I've seen you are a photographer so reading that you like my pictures are more than a compliment to me!
      xoxox
      G.

      Delete
  8. Following you too, mama! I have a friend that does recipe guest posts once a month, so hpefully you'll like those when I post.
    Glad to be blog buddies!
    xo
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Ashley! I love your outfit posts! Would love to have more time and write about other things I like, like fashion. Actually I'm writting for an on-line magazine, I have my own little blog there but it's still in the first stages. This is the link:
      www.mondomedeusah.net/mondomedeusah/gemma-gonzales
      xoxox

      Delete
  9. It's really inspiring blog! Love at the first sight <3

    Wanna follow each other with GFC? Please let me know :)

    sausanhanifah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and your kind words Sausan! Welcome to my blog! Yeah, you can follow me with GFC if you want.
      xoxo
      Gemma.

      Delete

Post a Comment