Spiced Raw Truffles

Last week was a very weird week, you know when you want to do a million things but you feel like 24 hours ain't enough. I was sleepy but couldn't sleep straight through the night (my brain likes to be more creative when I should be sleeping), I wanted to catch up on things that have been in my to-do list for way too many weeks...and usually when I don't get to do what I planned I end up grumpy and irritable.
But first thing's first and I couldn't let the week pass without a new recipe. If you remember one of my last posts from January then you know that I said I was planning on making more raw and bite-sized desserts. Well I didn't want to wait too much so today I bring you this easy, quick and healthy recipe with really good results. They look like true rich truffles but actually what you get in each ball is a lot of good nutrients, energy, healthy fats and plant protein. Don't ever begin to doubt about their tastiness, they are really good, rich, super tender and sweet!
Yes to all the healthy desserts that taste amazingly good and makes your belly happy without feeling guilty! 
By the way, I still can't tell you anything but hopefully soon I will have some good news to share with all of you!

Receta en español aquí!


Spiced Raw Truffles
(makes around 21 truffles)

Ingredients
3/4 cup (100 g) raw, shelled almonds.
2 tbsp raw cacao powder.
10 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped.
3 tbsp pea protein powder.
2 tbsp blend of milled flaxseed, walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts and Q10. 
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice.

Notes:
- If you can't find raw cacao powder you can use regular dutch process cocoa powder.
- Not very keen on dates? Try using dried figs instead.
- Pea protein powder is quite easy to find at organic/health food stores and even at the organic/health section of lots of supermarkets. It has a neutral flavor so don't worry, it won't affect the taste. However, if you can't find pea protein you can use Maca powder, hemp protein or whey protein. 
- I buy the bags from Linwoods that contain the prepared blend of seeds and nuts. You can use only flaxseed or a different mix.

Directions
Place all ingredients in your food processor and start blending at low speed. Stop frequently to scrap down the sides of the bowl.
Blend for one minute until a wet flour forms and there aren't big chunks of dates. If your processor is not very powerful and the mixture looks a bit dry then give it a break and add in 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil.
Blend until a sticky dough forms.
Scoop out 1/2 teaspon for each truffle and use your hands to roll the mixture into balls.
Place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Take each ball and roll it around in cacao powder so it's fully dusted.
If not serving immediately store in the fridge.






Comments

  1. I wish my days were longer too :) These look lovely Gemma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Bea! =)
      Nights are still cold here but during the day one can smell spring is right around the corner...or at least is what I want to believe, hehe. I'm tired of this cold weather!

      Delete
  2. You always present things so beautifully these look delicious. I also get really grumpy if I don't get all my jobs done, but I seem to spend half my time writing lists of the jobs i need to do. Cant wait to hear your news I will keep my eyes and ears peeled. x


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Rebecca! That means a lot to me cause I'm quite obsessed with the presentation when I'm preparing a new recipe/blog post. =)
      Hehe, I always make endless 'to-do' lists that end up lost and ignored somewhere in my desktop table. :-p
      xox

      Delete

Post a Comment